Tuesday, October 23, 2012

1 Peter 1:3-9

What a great day to read this passage! I am going to the neurologist tomorrow morning for the second part of a nerve study or maybe a muscle study... something like that. I just show up when they tell me to and let them do what they want. Now that I think about it that's a scary way to live. Maybe I'll start paying attention to what my doctor is telling me at my appointments. 

Anyway, I am trying not to be, really I am - but I have to admit, I am a wee bit nervous. 

Nervous that they may find something wrong, bad news. But also, as crazy as this sounds, anxious that they will not find anything wrong and we will be back to square one. I don't normally get worked up about these things. Not sure what my problem is this time. 

So my daily bible reading - though not long, was very timely. 1 Peter 1:3-9 says:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade[Whether now or later, I have a dang good inheritance waiting for me. And I have hope. All thanks to a decision I made 24 years ago to follow Christ] kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power  [...and it sounds like it was the best decision I ever made] until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. [who of us haven't] These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by firemay be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealedThough you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

I may not see my test results yet either, but I know He has a plan... I believe in HIM, it does fill me with joy and it sounds like a win/win either way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment